Project: Ewe Hill 132kV Substation
- Project: Ewe Hill 132kV Substation
- Owner: Scottish Power Energy Networks
- Client: Scottish Power Energy Networks
- Engineer: IEC
- Location: Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland
Construction and commissioning of a new 132/33kV substation to facilitate a new 132 kV Gretna cable circuit and to provide a suitable 33kV point of connection for the Ewe Hill Wind Farm.
Balance of Plant contract for the electrical works to all SPEN and IEC standards including;
- Installation and commissioning of 132kV disconnectors, 132kV earth switches, 132kV surge arrestors, 132kV CT’s, 132kV VT’s and 132kV busbars and support structures
- Procurement, installation and commissioning of 33kV circuit breakers, 33kV CT’s, 33kV VT’s, 33kV Post Insulators, 33kV Surge Arrestor and 33kV busbar and support structures
- Procurement, installation and commissioning of HV and LV Cables
- Procurement, installation and commissioning of LVAC board and 110V DC battery system.
- Installation and commissioning of 132kV and 33kV Control and Protection panels
- Review and development of Consultant’s design.
- Overall commissioning of station including existing SPEN control and protection schemes, interlocking, fibre optic communications and intertripping between remote ends and main station
Ewe Hill 132kV Substation